Sunday, January 9, 2011

Note on Snowboarding



One thing I greatly enjoyed while in Japan was snowboarding. I forgot how much I loved that sport! I was privileged to go no less than three times! Each time, I was amazed again at the beauty of God’s creation, the wonder of snow, and how he has created the human body to enjoy such great sports, and thanking God for the health and economic privilege that has allowed me to enjoy such things to begin with. Many good conversations and beautiful memories come to mind as I recall those days up in the snow.

One time, as I was riding the ski lift, looking down all around me at the incredible evidence of our awesome creator God who made this beautiful world, Psalm 19:1-4 came to my mind.

“The heavens declare the glory of God, the skies proclaim the works of his hands. Day after day, they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.”

It is so true. God’s majesty is obvious. The earth is filled with His glory. We should all be in awe of him and worship him with all that we have, every minute of every day. God commanded: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.” (Mark 12:30) If we think about how amazing He is, and how much he has done for us, we should jump willingly to our duty! Sometimes, that jump might look a little like a ski jump at the board park. Someone told me, “Snowboarding is worship, too!” It sure is. Everything is worship. So, we may as well do it all for God.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.