Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Teacher Training Seminar









I had a lot of fun participating in a teachers' training seminar in a rural mountain village a few weeks ago. I went to a very small, very rural new Christian school with a few other teachers from the school in Kathmandu where I teach English. We gave two days of seminar on how to teach phonics, early childhood education, how to use arts, crafts, games, stories, and music for enrichment, and basically how to have fun and learn at the same time. The seminar was a lot of fun; I really enjoyed being with the teachers, and was honored (and shocked) to discover through the experience that I really do have skills to contribute! I don't feel qualified as a "teachers' teacher"... but maybe I am. I felt really welcomed and appreciated. The time went by really fast, and seemed productive. Of course, we were invited to come back again and give more training. I would love to help with future teachers' trainings like this one.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.