



Well, the big news of the month for me (and for a lot people in the word, honestly) is the earthquakes that shook Japan last week. I can’t stop thinking about what's going on over there. All the people who are still lost, homeless, in the cold, gieving for loved ones, and suffering. God promised, “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves thos who are crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:18
I know it’s true. I pray that you know it’s true. And I pray especially these days that all of Japan will know it, and turn to God with all their hearts.
I was just reading in a Bible study Acts 4:23-31, and thinking about how that passage pertains to my life. First of all, the bravery and resolve of the disciples to boldy prolcaim the gospel, and to obey Christ in the face of hardship and persecution, is a clear call to me for how I want to live my life. I was really encouraged that after they had gathered together, and with one heart, one voice, sang praises to God and asked him for power, boldness, and miracles, God answered them with… an earthquake! Sometimes shaking needs to take place in our lives before we go out for God. Some unnecessary things have to be taken away. Some things that were not built well have to be torn down. And after that happens, only then can the building, the empowering, and the signs and wonders have room to burst out! My prayer for Japan is that this year of the earthquake will go down in their history as the year God moved and brought transformation to a culture in desperate need.
Be praying for the people in Japan who have been devestated by this disaster, that they will turn to God and receive healing and restoration from His hand. Pray that they will come to see that they need Him. Pray that Japanese will choose this time to take God up on his offer, “Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.” James 4:8
Augustine said this, based upon his own personal experience, “Cast yourself upon Christ and don’t be afraid – He will restore you and heal you.” My prayer is that all across the nation of Japan, people will respond to this crisis by going to the One Source of healing, the Great Transformer and Restorer, Jesus Christ.
So, news here in Nepal:
I had so much fun these past three weeks with Abby and Mei. Pictures will tell. They were such encouragements to me, and to everyone here. We hope they will come to visit us again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.