Sunday, October 24, 2010

Family Camp

Pictures from Family Camp. Above left: Karla, our team member from Nashville, did a great job with the children's program. The kids were jumping for joy all weekend!
Above right: Pastor Ramod and his family (the children at the youth hostel) sand a song for us at the talent show.
Below left: Me and baby Ruth-- I love that we share the same name!
Below right: Everyone lines up for an exciting balloon race.

Family Camp was awesome! I was so happy to be a part of it… everyone in our church family here in Nepal has been talking about Family Camp all year. I know it is something that they really look forward to. Last year, I came to Nepal just after family camp had finished.
At camp this year, God was obviously moving as people received good teaching and encouragement… and I received as well. The theme of our camp this year was “Praying like Jesus prayed.” We had a great team from Nashville, TN leading the teaching, games, children’s program… I was very much blessed just to be an assistant, and enjoy the benefits of their love and hard work.

Above pictures from dance camp: We wrote promises God gives us on our arms (with washable marker :-)
Prior to Family Camp, our church youth participated in a hip-hop dance camp, led by Bethany, one of the members of our New Song Nashville team. Because I am one of the youth leaders, I took dance class, too! We learned a song and did a performance on the last day of Family Camp. The spiritual meaning of the song (Don’t let our enemy, Satan, take what God has given us) was very powerful to a lot of the youth. Plus, we had a lot of fun, and learned some cool dance moves.

Above pictures: My birthday party.
I celebrated my birthday. I had all the girls from the youth group, and younger sisters from church over to my house for dinner (we cooked Japanese food!) and a slumber party. We had fun doing facials and nail-polish, but I have to say the highlight was singing praiseand worship songs together. I love to hear these beautiful Nepali songs!
During Family Camp, Dan had a bike accident, and is in Thailand recovering from surgery now. Sheryl went with him there, so that means it is me and the girls at home again. We miss Dan and Sheryl a lot; please join us in prayer for Dan’s complete and speedy recovery. They will be gone for one and half more weeks, and until then, keep us in your prayers as we get along here without them!
Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers for me and for our family here.
Love always,
From Ruthie
Above pictures are from a village on the outskirts of Kathmandu valley. On visiting this place, our team spent time in prayer. God wants to transform and redeem the communities and villages of Nepal through the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit's power.
Thanks for partnering with this ministry and for your prayers for us.
How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!" ~Isaiah 52:7

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.