Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Frolicking Cow



I saw a very unusual sight on my way to the Guardian children's home yesterday.

There was a black cow skipping and jumping down the lane. It thought it was alone, but I happened to see it's outburst as I was coming over the hill. Seeing a cow on the road is not unusual, of course. Black is a common color for cows around here.
The unusual thing about this otherwise very ordinary-looking cow was that it was frolicking. It's head was bobbing up and down, it's tail was swinging back and forth, it was definitely skipping/jumping, and if it had a singing voice, I am sure it would have been singing some song like, "Oh, Happy Day." Cows (and all dogs, goats, etc.) that wander around this city are usually shuffling along with their heads down, looking depressed.

Not this cow!

It was a good reminder to me, "The joy of the Lord is my strength!" as God's children, we are commanded to rejoice! (Phil. 4:4) When we do that, we may cause those passing by to take a second look, and wonder at us.


1 comment:

  1. I liked this story the first time I read it when you e-mailed it out, and it's still great now!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.